Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Look the other way

I think I'm fixing to start working overnights at the Evil Empire. Seems very likely. Will mean a major change in my daily routine (if I really have a routine, that is). I'm a night person anyways, so I think it will be okay. But trying to get my sleeping done during the day with everybody chitter-chattering and what not might be a problem. And since the computer is here in my bedroom and everybody wants to check their email and what not forty times a day compounds that problem. I'm thinking of getting a small bed set up in what serves as my writing/junk room. That will definitely help. The transition will be the hardest part. I'll manage it, I know. I use to go to work on occasion having not slept the night before. I know of a few times I stayed up all night writing and went to work the next morning. Though I didn't have to drive forty minutes to get to that job either. Oh, well. I'll manage.

No writing and no bible reading occurred today. I slept in late and my grandparents came for a visit. Add to that my nieces and oldest brother and his wife, and we had a regular ol' shindig happening. Mom cooked a wonderful meal and we ate and played cards. And when my grandparents left, we watched a movie. So by then I was pretty much shot for anything useful.

I called my friend last night. She didn't have much to say about nothing. I had her convinced for a while that I was married, but when she asked for my wife's name, I drew a blank. I must have been tired. I'm usually a pretty quick thinker. No, I wasn't trying to lie to her. I was kidding. It's only a lie if I truly want her to continue believing that I'm married. She's told me she was married hundreds of times, but I never believed her. I think she did almost get married once her student visa expired and she was trying to get it renewed. I think that's why she keeps pretending to try to get her masters, so she can stay in the country. Anyways, I know you could care less about this petty stuff. I did conclude from our conversation that she in fact did not read that long post. If she had, surely she would have said something to me about it. And I'm not real sure if she read my last email, either. She usually responds, however curtly, to my emails.

We are beings of the flesh and of the spirit. Our flesh desires the things of this world, while our spirit seeks God. It is a constant battle. The spirit will win out when the flesh dies. But right here, right now, in this life, it can be so hard. We seek, we pray, we cry out. We falter. We triumph. We falter. We falter. We falter. We triumph. We falter, again. We seek, we pray, we cry out. Oh, the days grow long. The weeks and months and years. Our lives. Then, in the end, a bright, shining light. His eternal glory. Our spirit soars, leaving this blackness behind. Oh, how I wait for the day.

No comments: