Saturday, June 04, 2005

Waste my days

Yeah, that's what a midshift tends to do to your whole day. Not enough time in the morning or in the evening to do anything constructive. I'm stuck on a midshift all week. Maybe next week they'll let me switch over to nights like I'm supposed to.

Storms rolled through today. A tornado touched down none too far from where I live. Lot's of lightning and thunder and rain. Huge drops of rain that I thought were going finish off what the crack in my windshield has already started. I saw some hail clouds, but no hail. The weather guy showed us some that had hit the station. I saw this one cloud that really looked alive. I kept waiting for it to start spinning. I saw a rainbow, though, amidst the clouds and remembered God's promise. I think we're more equipped to handle another flood these days. Ever see the movie Waterworld. We'd all be floating on our own arks with our pet poodles and hamsters.

I got a couple of new story ideas today. Well, one new one and one I forgot to write down and forgot about and remembered again. Lucky me. Now, where's my pen...

1 comment:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Sounds like a lot of craziness going on. Tornados are scary. Seeing the rainbow in all of that would be so cool to see. Great post. I hope that you get back on your regular shifts and get stuff done. Can't wait to read the stories. Nice job.