Saturday, June 11, 2005

Coffee Stain

31. I don't like to diet. I tried the Atkins diet once, and it really did work. But after a while I began to feel really weird. And it doesn't let you drink milk or eat fruit. If God didn't intend for us to drink milk and eat fruit, he wouldn't have created either. But I do agree with cutting out all the processed sugars and high starch wheat products. That South Beach diet seems really good from what I've heard. But honestly, if you exercise a lot and don't stuff yourself at every meal, you'll do fine. Unless you've got some kind of disorder. Prayer helps, too. Let God guide your eating habits. There's a reason gluttony is a sin.

32. I've never read the book or seen the movie to Old Yeller. Once my creative writing teacher in college was discussing something and he was using Old Yeller as an example, and he said, "Of course everybody’s read or at least seen Old Yeller." And I raised my hand and said that I hadn't. He rolled his eyes and the rest of the class laughed. But I didn't feel embarrassed. I own the book. It's somewhere...perhaps I'll read it whence I find it.

33. I don't like pretzels. I don't really know why. I'm a very non-picky eater. A few things I won't eat are pickled beats, sour kraut, and pretzels. I'm sure there's more. I haven't tried every type of food in the world, but there's bound to be a few more things that I won't eat. Though it would still be a short list.

34. I love Taco Bell. It's my favorite fast-food place. I always go half and half on my drink with Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. It's just the best combination to me. But it only seems to come out right at Taco Bell. At McDonalds, I drink straight Dr. Pepper. Any other place, I try to get root beer. I really love root beer, too, but sometimes I get tired of it. I never get tired of Dr. Pepper.

35. I used to be addicted to coffee. I sort of go on coffee binges from time to time. I'll go a long stretch without drinking coffee at all. Then I'll sink down and chug, chug, chug every morning for a while until I decide I'm in too deep. This went on for a while. Back and forth from none to too much. I had my first cup of coffee this morning in about a month or so. I'm dedicated to one cup in the morning and no more. I broke my addiction, and I hope I've graduated to moderation. I'll have to stop myself the next time I grab for the big plastic insulated cup in the cabinet. Before I quit the last time, I was drinking two or three of those bad boys every morning plus three or four cups at work. And I have to have milk or some kind of creamer in my coffee. I can't stand it otherwise. And I don't like to drink it very hot. Lukewarm is perfect.

No comments: