Tuesday, June 14, 2005

half past a monkey

46. I don't like the zoo. I always felt so sorry for the animals. And zoos always stink so bad. I can barely go into the herpitarium without gagging. And I know this isn't how the animals act in their natural habitat. They get used to being fed and they get lazy. Most of them nowadays were bred in captivity. They barely have the instincts their species is born with. I think Madagascar will be a really funny movie.

47. I used to have a 100 peso coin. I found it on the playground behind the gradeschool when I was in the seventh grade or so. I knew the coin wasn't worth much in U.S. funds, but it still looked neat, and I fancied a trip to Mexico where I could spend it. I thought it would really be like a hundred bucks in Mexico. But I think it might translate into a few dollars there even. Somewhere along my road of life, I lost it. Perhaps some other kid found it and had these same thoughts. Perhaps this coin has been passed on from kid to kid, spawning these same thoughts over and over again. Or maybe the coin is lost forever, it's special power going unrealized all this time. I must find it. I must free it.

48. I'm sure my chemistry teacher made us do something illegal in high school. There was this experiment where we dissolved all the zinc from the inside. And this one where we made the zinc and copper swith places. And this one where we fuzed the zinc and the copper together to make a sort of brass. We ruined a lot of pennies that day. And isn't it a federal crime to destroy money like that?

49. I forget to put on deoderant sometimes. What I really mean to say, is that I'm absent minded. I can remember in detail many things of the past. But it's the day to day things where I get lost. Tell me to pick you up at 8 o'clock, and I might forget. Ask me when I picked you up the day before, and I'll tell you at 8:03. That's just how my brain works. I constantly have dreams that I forgot to do something.

50. I really love the word rinse. I guess it makes me think of cool, refreshing water. When I was a kid taking a bath, I would take my rag and wet it and squeeze it out over my head and think of the word rinse. Or after I had brushed my teeth, I would rinse. Or I would rinse the dishes. I don't know why.

No comments: