Sunday, June 05, 2005

muchas gracias or much grace...i think

Wow. I got a compliment from the Complimenting Commenter in the comments on my last post (see below). Apparently this person goes from blog to blog leaving compliments in their comments. It's really a nice thing. According to their tally, they've given out about 1,300+ compliments, and they have 700+ blogs on their blogroll. I should figure out that blogroll deal. Anyways, work at the Evil Empire was hectic again. I bet the managers are sitting back and smiling at all the salary they're saving, but I bet the loss in sales will even things out. There's just only so much one person can do. I used to let it weigh on me when I left with the shelves half empty, but I'm learning to be complacent. When I go overnights, I won't have to worry about any of that anymore. I can just do my job without customers constantly getting in my way or asking where things are at. There will be a few customers since it's a 24 hour store, but stocking will be my main concern. And once it's stocked, it's stocked. You don't have to worry about it running out again thirty minutes later. In other words, it will create much less stress for my poor brain. I know I shouldn't worry about these things anyways, but that's just who I am. You ever go to a store and they don't have what you're looking for? Or at least it's not on the shelf where it should be, but you can't find anyone or aren't willing to ask anyone if they have any in the back, so you go home empty handed (well, besides all the impulse stuff you can't help but buy). Well, it's this very thing that eats at me when I can't keep up. I think of all those people who felt some degree of disappointment because of my inadequacy. It wasn't my fault, per se. But still, if I could have worked a little bit faster. If I'd not taken my fifteen minute breaks...ha, ha. Management freaks on you if they find out you didn't take your breaks. I get so busy that I miss some from time to time, but if you tell a manager that you're on break, they back off like you got something contagious.

Sorry to bore you so much with my job. But since I woke up too late to read my bible and didn't do any writing because it's Sunday, I've nothing else to talk about. Well, I did lose my wallet and had to drive out on the open road without my license handy. I obeyed all the traffic laws and didn't get pulled over, so it was okay. I wondered though, as I was driving and didn't feel the lump of my wallet in my right pocket, if I was still physically able to drive without my drivers license on my person. I managed it, but I felt so naked.

So there's this thing a lot of bloggers do with the 100 things about me deal. Where you list (you guessed it) 100 things about yourself. I guess I should do this. Some people aren't sure that they can think of 100 things about themselves. I can think of a couple of thousand things about myself, but I won't bore you that much. One fellow blogger that I know of did 100 things that they like about themselves. I'm too pessimistic for that. So I'll just stick with the 100 things, but I'll try to make them very specific things. I won't be like "#1: I have fingers". That's sort of cheating, I think. I'll try to make them things that not everybody can say about themselves. I'm gonna start off small. How about 5 things to start off with:

1. I am super creative. I can think of some really crazy stuff. Things people ought not to be thinking of. Forgive me, Lord.

2. I'm a writer. That kind of goes along with the creativity. But there are writers who have very little imagination. They write a lot of textbooks and instruction manuals.

3. I like books. I like to read, too, but the best way to describe my passion for the written word is to say that I like books. And magazines, too. I like any writing medium. I look at a book and it's thickness and it's potential, and it excites me. Actual reading a lot of the time just feels like a chore.

4. I've spoken in tongues. I'll group that together with being a Christian. Any time I begin to have any doubts about anything, I think back to that day that I was 100% filled with the Holy Spirit. I don't really remember much about the actual speaking in tongues part except for the very end of it. It seemed to last about a minute or so, but eye witnesses say I went on and on for a while, probably a good five to ten minutes. I don't know why so many churches ignore that part of the bible. But it's a real and true thing.

5. I love sunflower seeds. I really do. Give me a bag of sunflower seeds and you won't have to feed me for a while. Though I don't think the excessive salt intake that accompanies the seeds is very healthy. I used to eat them until my mouth bled. Now my mouth is used to it, so it doesn't bleed anymore. But I haven't eaten very many in the last six months or so. I go long stretches of time where I don't eat any. So I'm not addicted like everyone said I was. I took some steps...just kidding.

I'll try at five more tomorrow and five more the next day for the next twenty days.

No comments: