Monday, June 13, 2005

The Long Middle

41. I believe in recycling. I know that this is related to #37, but hear me out. I believe that recycling is inevitable. Eventually there will be a second generation type mining going on where we start digging up old landfills to recover all of those materials we threw away once upon a time. This is perhaps already happening to some degree, but eventually it will be full scale. I try to recycle aluminum cans as much as I can. I used to collect them when I was younger and trade them in for cash money. Once me and my brothers collected so many cans that we earned nearly five dollars apiece. We were living in the big time. I like the idea of living tree paper, where they cut branches here and there off the tree to make paper with, but they leave the rest of the tree alive. It's obviously harder to get the wood you need to make the paper than the normal method of buzzing down a whole forest at a time, but it's a sensible alternative.

42. I will kill any cricket I see, no matter where I see it, and I won't stop until I'm sure it's dead or pursuing it would force me to break and enter. My parents built a room or rather had a room built in what used to be the garage when I was in high school. I was tired of sharing a room with my middle brother. They didn't get the room sealed up very good and every night the crickets would drive me crazy making their noise. And somehow they know how to throw their sound and keep you off track. You know, like a ventriloquist can throw his voice so it sounds like it's really coming from the dummy. Crickets know how to make it sound like they are on the other side of the room.

43. I used to wish that I was native American. I would study up on the different tribes and how they made things and how they grew and hunted their food. I was really into all the native American culture stuff. Then I found out that I am part Cherokee and Choctaw (like 1/64 or less). I guess I lost my heritage to the white man.

44. I am not political. I think the two-party system we have going on in America is retarded. I know there's this independent party thing, but because they are so independent, they don't agree with each other much, thus retaining their independency. So they sort of cancel each other out most of the time. In order to affiliate yourself with either of the two major parties, you ultimately have to agree to agree to something you would otherwise disagree with. Agree? I know I'm probably going to offend some of my online friends when I say this, but I think that Bush II is a horrible president. And I solely blame him for having to settle for a job at the Evil Empire rather than a nice office job as I was destined to have if I had graduated a year earlier. I don't blame 9/11. I blame Bush. I really don't think there's been an all around good president in my conscious life. They've all lied or cheated or did some other manner of evil during their presidency. My apologies to any one I may have offended. Lord, forgive me.

45. I love the smell of gasoline. No, I don't mean that I huff it. But when I'm filling up my truck, I'll get a whiff of it, and it makes me smile. But there's danger lurking beneath that scent. I sense it all the while I'm smiling. Then the smell is gone and my head finally clears after a few more breaths of fresh air, and I'm left wondering what that was all about.

1 comment:

Carol said...

#45. Recently, the gas station where I usually fill up closed. It was the type that would fill the tank for you. A couple of days ago, I had to do it all by myself and I was turning my head so as not to smell the gas. I don't like it at all.