Friday, June 10, 2005

High five, more dead than alive

26. I wear contacts. I leave them in too long and my eyes get all dried out and bloodshot and people think I'm high all the time. No, I've never been high. I've never dabbled in drugs. I've never even had a sip of alcohol. Secondhand smoke is pretty much the extent.

27. I'm passive/non-aggressive. I think that's why I get along so well with other people. I don't mean that I'm particularly friendly, but I don't try to get in anyone's way. And everybody just loves me for it. Ha ha!

28. I rarely do my own laundry. I'm not saying that I can't or won't, but there just always seems to be somebody else around willing to do it for me. So I let them...

29. I only shave about once a week. I probably need to shave at least twice a week, but I only ever manage to do it once. I never really think about it much. I'll be getting ready for work or something, and I'll notice that I'm beginning to look a little haggard, so I'll shave. Some people have to shave everyday. I hope that never happens to me.

30. When I was little, I wanted to be a carpenter. I would hammer nails into any piece of wood that I could find, thinking that I was building something. My oldest brother told me that I could probably get a hundred dollars for building a house. A hundred bucks seems like an insane amount of money when your a kid from a poor household. My mom bought me some Legos, and I would build all kinds of things with them. I never liked following the instructions much. I could build better things from my imagination. I'm not sure if she bought the Legos before or after I decided that I wanted to be a carpenter. Needless to say, I never became a carpenter.

No comments: