Wednesday, May 11, 2005

True Writers

True writers write because they have to. Not for money or fame or admiration. We write because the desire burns within us and there's no other way to quench it but to write. True Christians serve Christ because there is no other way to live. We don't do it for money or fame or admiration. We serve God because our spirit yearns to be closer to Him. God gave me this talent to serve His will. He gives everyone a special talent to work for the benefit of His body of believers. If you think that you don't have a talent and feel worthless, you are wrong. You may not be a writer or a musician or an artist. You may not be a teacher or a leader. You may not be able to do anything that you think is important or worthwhile. But one thing anybody can do, no matter their skill or intelligence, is be a witness for Christ. You don't have to be able to write or speak eloquently to woo others to Christ. Simply live your life for Christ and His light will shine through you. Read your bible. Hide His word in your heart. Be kind and forgiving to everybody, especially your enemies. The world will hate you for His sake, but don't let that be a reason to compromise and give into the temptations of this world. We're here on this Earth for a short while. But eternity is forever. Your human brain can't comprehend eternity. If it could, this life would be little more than a passing thought. I must go now. I must write. I must use my writing as a testimony for Christ. I used to write for this world. I used to seek fame and fortune and admiration. But God didn't bless it. He was patient with me. He knew me before the creation of the world. He knew I would come around. He knew I would come back to Him. He was patient with me, so now I must be patient with Him. God exists outside the bounds of time. He created time. Generations pass by on this Earth when He blinks. I don't think God has eyes like we have eyes. We were made in His image. But I think that means His spiritual image. For a long time, I didn't understand that. Anyways...more tomorrow perhaps.

No comments: