Thursday, May 05, 2005

Humble Apologies

First of all, I would like to apologize for everything. Yes, everything. Everything under the sun that could possibly be concieved as any wrong doing I may or may not have done, intentionally or unintentionally, for good or evil. I won't apologize for my existence, however, since I didn't choose to be here, nor for my continuing existence, since God or anyone else could strike me down if they chose to do so. I apologize for this darkness when I am capable of more light.

But really...I apologize for not posting more. There's no excuse for it other than laziness. And yes, I will post something about dialogue. I will do it tomorrow, even if it means I accomplish nothing else. Carol, for now, your dialogue exchange was good. You have real talent. If you decided to write seriously, I believe you could have success. It takes practice and persistence, like all good things, but you have the fundamentals to be great.

My private writing life is going well. It could be better. My laziness, for one, hinders me. But I had a really great last couple of days at my other computer...my writing computer...and my novel is coming together better than I had hoped. If I ever get it published, I'll send you a personalized signed copy. I won't make you buy one. I don't seek riches in this world. It's a hard concept for non-Christians to take to heart, but if I believed that there was nothing else after this life, I garauntee you I would have already written a runaway bestseller and been rolling around in my millions. Scoff. Go ahead. I don't care. But I know it's true. I apologize for not being more humble.

I apologize for some of the ads Google has been sending me. I don't choose which ads they display. They finally started giving me ads more targeted to the content of my blog, but I'm getting the Christian with the anti-Christian. What I would like are ads targed towards writing. If I could get strictly Christian writing ads, I'd be happy. It would be horrible if a person in limbo, considering receiving Christ should click on one of those anti-Christian ads and be led away from the truth. If I can't get it corrected soon, I'll drop the ads altogether. I'm not making anything off of them anyways. Google tells me I've garnered almost $38 so far, and they won't pay me until I've reached $100. So I'm on pace to make about $200 a year. Talk about riches on Earth. But even if I made 27 trillion dollars a day with these ads, it's not worth a lost soul.

I apologize for not blogging more. Thanks for the advice, Carol. It makes perfect sense. If I want people to read and comment on my blog, I should go and read and comment on theirs. I have no idea how you found my blog in the first place. I really don't know how to find particular blogs anyways. I typed in the exact name of my cousin's blog in a google search and that blog search thing at the top of each blog and couldn’t find it. It’s all a big crap shoot, I guess. So really the only way to do it is to bring them in yourself, and maybe they’ll tell their friends, and so on and so forth. Then updating the blog daily, if you can, keeps them there. Duh, of course. I have seen the light. And all it really took was opening my eyes. Thanks again, Carol.

Midnight’s calling, I must sleep now.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are a dear, Cuz, although a bit too apologetic :)

Thanks for your complimentary words.I feel warmed by them. I hope that I will show the dedication needed.

One way to find other blogs is through your profile page. Fill in as much info as you can (movies, music, interest,job etc). Then if you click on that item, it will take you to other bloggers with the same interest.

Use the blogrolls of others.

Click on comments made by others on different blogs and you will go their blog.

I used to be able to get a list of the most current blogs (if you scroll down on Blogger's page where you go to create a new blog) but lately it hasn't been working. I would have to look at mine to be more specific. That is how I find your blog.