Saturday, May 28, 2005

No, they weren't Post-its

Work was horrible. I had to be there a few hours earlier than normal, so I didn't get any writing done. I didn't even finish my bible reading. The guy that was supposed to close didn't show up, and I was by myself most of the day. Being a Saturday at the Evil Empire, you can imagine my department looked pretty shabby trying to go it alone. I think management did a backflip. I had a bunch of stuff for the closer to do. Since he's new, I was leaving him the stuff he knew how to do. There's no such thing as learning on a Saturday or at the first of the month. But when he didn't show up, I ended up having to do all those things myself, which meant I didn't get anything else done in my final hours.

I started reading Romans today, which meant I went through 1:20. I had forgotten how important the surrounding verses are as well. I'm gonna get a shower and maybe see if I can't write a page or two before I hit the sack. Tomorrow's Sunday, so no writing.

I think I may have embarassed a co-worker today. And it would have to be the very girl who dominates my thoughts. She dropped something. It fell out of her work vest pockets. I was gonna be nice and pick it up for her. When I realized what it was, I refrained. "You dropped something," I said, and walked away. I realized later it would have been better to have not said anything at all, other than 'hello' or rather 'what's up' or 'que pasa'. She probably didn't think anything of it, though. She didn't act weird towards me the rest of the day or anything.

Anyways, later.

No comments: