Monday, August 01, 2005

When the thick, black clouds part for the shining Son

Sorry, there's been a bit o' delay on the story I intended to post. I'll blame it on the creative ebb and flow of my mind. I was just so inspired when I wrote that last post that I thought I would hop on over to my other computer - my writing computer - and whip it out. I did not, however. And furthermore I've been caught up by my novel once again, so all indications point to next weekend when there won't be any birthday parties to attend nor a lawn to mow. I apologize to those anticipating this future tale. May I suggest you read Ron McLarty's The Memory of Running. There's a few too many curse words in some scenes (one is too many in my opinion), but it's not blatant. It's all character in other words. But the tale is so inspiring. It's one of those I'll want to pick up from time to time just to make me feel better. And it just feels so honest. It kind of wanes at the end, but let's not get all caught up with endings. Haven't I discussed this book on this blog before? Oh well, it's worth a second discussion. If you've already read that book, how about Richard Adams's Watership Down, or Stephen King's The Eyes of the Dragon - it's his cleanest and possibly best novel. Or pick up any copy of The Sun - the literary magazine, not the tabloid. I'm sorry to disappoint my legions of fans in this way, but those suggestions should suffice to get you by until the week has passed.

1 comment:

k8 said...

i keep saying im gonna read watership down. i dunno- somethin bout talking bunnies.