Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Maybe next weekend

This weekend didn't go entirely according to plan. So I didn't get that story wrote. I'm still thinking about it, though. My parents adopted a kid. He isn't officially adopted yet, but he's staying here anyways. They still have to sign papers and a lawyer gets involved in there somewhere. So I spent the time I would have spent writing it moving things around and helping get the guest bedroom situated for him and all that stuff. I did do a ton of writing Friday night/Saturday morning, but it was all on my novel. I'm glad to be writing on my novel again. I truly am. I don't know why I stopped for so long. Maybe I just needed the time to regroup. I don't know. Anyways, um...how about Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. That one should keep you busy for a little while. I really like that book. I read it twice. The whole Ender Quartet is really good, and so is the Ender's Shadow series. I'm working my way through the last book in that one as we speak. Or any one of James Clavelle's doorstoppers, though I've never read them. They're really long, so they should keep you busy for a goodish while.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am glad that your novel is coming along.
Wow, an adopted brother! How old is he?