Saturday, April 23, 2005

Bummed Out

No, really, I'm fine. I've simply been too busy to get that article on dialogue written. I started on it, and I've been thinking about it. But I really haven't had the time to just sit back and say, "Okay, here I go." I work on my novel in the morning, work at my job the rest of the day, sleep during the night, and I've been working in my garden on my days off. It's a really big garden. about 100 ft by 30 ft. Maybe bigger. And I need more space. I still haven't planted any watermelon or cantaloupe. I got another spot where I was gonna plant them, but my tiller won't start. It's been high-strung lately anyways. It's old and worn out. My dad had it fixed a few years ago and it worked fine until the other day. So I guess I'll have to do the rest by hand. I'll try to get on the ball and post more regularly. No more assignments for now. No sense having you put in your hard work if I'm not gonna do my part. It's been over a month since my last post. Time goes by so fast. I broke 100 pages on my novel the other day. It's kind of exciting. It's starting to feel like a real thing. Who am I to give advice on writing when I haven't even written a full novel yet? I'm thinking of changing the style of this blog. It will still be a lot about writing, but I think I'm gonna post a little bit on how I feel about things or just some thoughts in general. It will still have a Christian focus, of course. This will give me a chance to post more of a variety of things, which means that I will post. I will. I check other people's blogs and I get irritated when they haven't updated it. Such a hypocrite, I know. And I apologize. Well, I better get to sleep. Sorry for the wait and all the perpetually dawning days of emptiness (whatever that means).

No comments: